Thursday, February 4, 2010

Unveiling

So after 5 days of having the knee all covered up I was able to take off the dressings. Wow that felt really good! It did look pretty nasty though I will have to say. There was some bruising at the back of the knee, which apparently is expected given that's where the pooling of blood would take place. Was nice to finally get to shower at that point as well!

After I stopped taking the ibuprofen after the first week I had quite a bit of pain when I first stood up. There would be a rush of blood to the knee causing a lot of pain. But that would go away after 30 seconds to a minute. Now I'm at 10 days after the surgery and that has pretty well gone away.

I have been using the cpm at the max that I'm supposed to use it (90 degrees) for a while now and that hasn't been a problem. I have noticed the last few nights that I used it that I got cramps in my shins. A little odd, not much of a deal, just painful to wake up to.

I'm excited to see the doctor tomorrow morning and see what he has to say about my progress. I also have my first physio appointment so I'm looking forward to that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment