Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Evening things out...

Coming up on 3 weeks now! Things are still progressing well. Walking pretty well normally without the brace. Still a little uncomfortable extending my leg fully while walking. I've been doing the physio therapy exercises very regularly. The swelling of the knee is pretty well back to what the other leg is, will probably take a while longer till they look the same, but close now.

When I was doing the physio therapy exercises earlier this week, the yoga instructor at the gym stopped in and pointed out that I should be doing the exercises on both legs. At first I didn't think much of it but then realized that I should make sure and do that so that I can keep the strength of both legs the same, or as close as possible. I'm not really able to do any other exercieses besides the physio therapy, so it's important to me that I keep both legs in good condition. One thing that I heard is a lot of athletes will tear the opposite ACL after having surgery... Not necissarily due to not strengthening the opposite leg durring recovery, but probably because they are favoring the oposite leg, putting it harms way more. But it can't hurt to make sure that opposite leg is strong too so that you don't mess up the other one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment