Sunday, February 21, 2010

Keeping it slow...

I had my second PT appointment this past Friday, which was just after 3 weeks. My range of flexibility had definitely improved a lot, but since I had my appointment at 7 am I hadn't taken the time to stretch ahead of time, so my physio therapist was a little concerned that my flexibility of the ACL in straitening my knee wasn't quite there yet. So now I need to straiten it for 10 minutes 5x a day! So a word of advice for those doing this, stretch first thing in the morning, so when you go in for PT it is a more accurate representation of where you are, rather than the fact that you haven't stretched in over 8 hours because you were sleeping!

I was a little discouraged to find out that I could not bike, walk "for exercise", swim, nor do yoga. So I need to keep in the mindset of keeping it slow and focusing on my physio therapy exercises, which I have been doing very regularly. I found out that I can do water jogging, and now have more PT exercises, and now I can use the stationary bike for 20 minutes a day and can add resistance! So that is good. I don't know much about watter jogging, but I'm going to look into it. I don't care if I look a little silly! :-) I'm really eager to ride my bicycle(s) again! Meet with the doc in a little over a week, so hopefully he can give me the go-ahead then. With the disclaimer of course saying "just don't crash!" :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment