Wednesday, July 21, 2010

6 Months and Completing Jump Training

Well I have just passed the 6 month mark after I had ACL surgery. Honestly the time has really flown by. Not to say that it seemed like forever until I could bike or swim or run, but looking back it has really gone by quickly. My knee is in great condition and the doctor has released me to do whatever I want. Just if I do anything like basketball, tennis, ski, etc. I should wear a brace. My knee feels a little sore now and then, I've been working on running more and increasing slowly so I know how much I can do.

When I first started running I ran too much and was sore. So now I'm working my way up, running walking for 20 minutes, and increasing the time that I run. This way I can figure out when I get sore, or perhaps not at all if I progress well.

My knee is still a little stiff at times, so I make sure and stretch it regularly. I am almost done with the final week of the jump training that my physical therapist assigned me to do. After that I'm going to start with some vertical leap training to increase the strength of my legs more before I start playing basketball again. Feel like if I go back being stronger than ever then that will be good for making sure I don't re-injure things!

No comments:

Post a Comment