Friday, January 28, 2011

1 Year Down!

It has been exactly 1 year since I had my ACL surgery, and I thought that this would be a good opportunity to reflect back on the past year! Things have gone really well for me, I couldn't be more happy with how things have gone! All of the doctors, physical therapists, family, friends, and coaches/instructors made it all possible.

Because of this I have been able to:
  • Bike multiple century bike rides
  • Bike 500K in 24 hours with over 20,000 feet climbed
  • Run numerous runs/races including a half marathon and the Warrior Dash
  • Participate in my first mountain bike race
  • Do a 6 hour mountain bike race
  • Backpack 10+ miles in a day with a heavy pack
And now I'm set to do my first marathon in 23 days! And interestingly enough I have had some issues with tightness of my achilles and some IT Band issues all on my right leg, NOT on the one that I had the ACL surgery! Another item of note, I would say that the hardest thing that I did this past year in regards to my accomplishments was being able to pass my physio therapy test for me to be able to start running! I had to train even my good leg to be able to pass that!

Anyways, I'll keep posting here if there are things relating to this, but I would like to thank everyone that has helped me with this in the past year, it is been a tremendous amount of help that I have received, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment