Thursday, April 29, 2010

Don't Over Do it!!! Do as I say, not as I do!

So even though I'm past 3 months after I had my surgery, it's probably not a great idea to overdo the biking too much... I may have done that this past weekend. The doctors advice was to increase the distance that I do slowly so that I know what my limits are. I guess increasing my 20 miles a ride is too much...

I had done 20 and even 40 miles in a day with no problem. This past weekend I did 2+ hours on the stationary bike on Friday, thin 50 miles on Saturday, and then 70 miles on Sunday. Then I did a blistering fast ride on Monday, very hilly, up Mt. Bonel, and after that my knee was sore afterwards. Always felt fine when I was biking, but felt stiff and sore afterwards.

So now I'm taking it easy this week. No more long distance for me until I get to the Tour de Cure at the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment